Saudi-led consortium, Premier League and Newcastle hopeful takeover can be announced on Thursday; deal looked to be off when consortium pulled out last year; however, significant barrier removed when Saudi state resolved issue with beIN Sports over illegal streaming of Premier League

Sky Sports News reporter Keith Downie says the Saudi-led consortium, the Premier League and Newcastle are working hard to get the takeover for the club completed on Thursday

All parties are hopeful an announcement can be made today confirming the takeover of Newcastle United.

Sky Sports News has been told the Saudi-led consortium, the Premier League and Newcastle are working hard to get the deal completed and announced as soon as possible.

TVs and Audio Category

There was hope and speculation it was going to be announced on Wednesday night but certain details still needed to be agreed.

There is no guarantee it will be announced on Thursday but the parties are hopeful and working around the clock to get it finalised.

There is now hope the 18-month saga surrounding Newcastle’s ownership is close to being over.

See also  Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle by mutual consent after Saudi takeover
Men Smart Shoes